Business Development Associate
Coté Orphan (CO) is a small but rapidly expanding regulatory affairs consulting firm located in Silver Spring, MD that focuses exclusively on the development of new therapies for patients with rare diseases. Since establishment in May 2012, CO has attracted regulatory affairs and clinical trials work from the largest to the smallest innovators in orphan drugs with clients seeking assistance with a wide variety of regulatory actions including US and EMA ODDs, BTDs, pre-IND briefing packages and meeting strategy/conduct, clinical trial design, NDA and BLA submissions, and broad regulatory strategy reviews. The extraordinary growth of CO has been fueled in large part by the expansive network of its principal, Timothy Coté, MD MPH who served as Director of FDA’s Office of Orphan Products Development from 2007-2011.
- 5+ years of sales experience, including at least 2 years in the biotech or life science fields
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in managing a territory and planning a pipeline
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences at minimum. Advanced degree (MBA, PhD) preferred
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects and follow up consistently to close deals
- Strong work-ethic and drive to succeed
- Experience in orphan drug development is a plus
- Manage territory sales
- Report to the VP of Business Development
- Create and execute sales goals with ambitious targets
- Work with inside sales prospectors to cultivate a strong pipeline
Salary negotiable DOE. Full health care and retirement benefits.
Interested applicants should send letters of interest and CVs to Erin Lawless-Miller.